The foundations stated intention is to "...support those trying to create better health through education and by improving their dietary practices according to the ancient wisdom of traditional cultures as shown by the research of Weston Price and written about in Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions cookbook.
One of our most fundamental messages is that animal fats and cholesterol are not villains but vital factors in the diet, necessary for normal growth, proper function of the brain and nervous system, protection from disease and optimum energy levels." (underline emphasis provided by B Davis)
- Provides a reliable source of accurate nutrition information
- Raises a strong voice against imitation foods and warns consumers about the dangers of processed and denatured foods and modern soy foods.
- Promotes access to unprocessed whole milk products, meat and eggs from pasture-fed animals.
- Campaigns for a return to healthy traditional fats such as butter, pasture-fed beef and lamb tallow, lard and coconut oil.
- Helps consumers find healthy, farm-fresh foods through a system of local chapters.
The Weston Price main web site is http://www.westonaprice.org/ with lots of excellent reliable information. Please make use f it.