FB-TW

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Massaging the truth


Massaging the truth

Massage therapist, Jonathan Sugai, posted this interesting comment on Amazon:

I first learned about Wheat Belly back in September 2011 in Northern California. My friend Seamus was eating some chili out of a can while we were waiting for our class at a seminar to start. I asked him why he was doing that and he said, “You gotta read this book called Wheat Belly!”

After he explained what the book was about, how quickly and dramatically his situation improved (his digestion turned around very quickly!), it made total sense why he was eating chili out of a can even though we had plenty of food served (most of it had some form of wheat in it!).

I immediately downloaded the book off Amazon and finished reading it on my way back home to Hawaii and my view on food had totally shifted. Life would never be the same again!

I knew eating bread would contribute to weight gain, however learning about all the OTHER information about the hybridization, the Gliadin, and all the blood sugar, inflammation, digestive, and neurological effects, OMG!!!

I am a massage therapist and part of a family business and now it is clear why we have so many people coming in with so many aches, pains, & injuries from seemingly routine activities. It is clear to me that consuming a diet with wheat triggers inflammation and creates all sorts of systemic problems and their bodies are no longer able to tolerate typical activities.

I realize why I’m seeing more clients not responding to our techniques that used to work well. The techniques are great, however the clients that are coming in are unhealthier than ever with rampant inflammation, pre-diabetic / diabetic, high cholesterol, nervous systems interfered with by gliadin, overweight, etc. etc. etc.

All of our clients who have made the transition to wheat free have lost weight, have more energy, and most of the joint pains and stiffness have gone away and their massage treatments are enjoyable again and we aren’t putting out fires anymore!

It is our responsibility to share and let everyone know in order to create change. Our friends & family will continue to see their health degrade if they continue on this path.


Until reading his comment, it hadn’t occurred to me that massage therapists could provide some very interesting observations on wheat elimination. I find it fascinating that, once his clients said goodbye to wheat, they responded better to his efforts.

Any other massage therapists out there that would like to weigh in?


http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/03/massaging-the-truth/



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate appropriate comments but reserve the right to publish those with credible, verifiable, significant information to contribute to the topic at hand. I will not post comments with commercial content nor those containing personal attacks. Thank You.